Friday, July 20, 2012

To Molest or Not

Recent news made me learn a new word. I thought it was called just feeling it up. I also thought it was foreplay. The media now screams molestation.

It was 9.30 PM. I saw her then. She was standing near a footpath and talking over phone. Her shrug had just moved away revealing a bit of her neckline. She was young, dainty and wearing strapless. I was in heat. I walked past her. She looked tired and easy. I walked behind her and groped her back. She screamed out loud and ran off. Ha, the pleasure of seeing a girl run walk away. Unparalleled.

It was 9.30 PM. I saw her then. She was waiting for a bus. I knew her bus route and walked close to her. She was on a call and slightly looked up to see me. Her shrug slipped and I saw her strapless dress. I was in heat. I walked past her. She looked inviting. I walked behind her and groped her back. She held my hand and screamed loud. I ran away after pushing her off the road. Ha, the pleasure of seeing a girl scream for help. Unparalleled.

It was 9.30 PM. I saw her then. She was standing in a bus.  She looked up at me and saw my eyes. I did not like it. I glanced at her chest. She looked back at my eyes.  This time, with furious anger. Her shrug slipped and she glanced at me when I saw her strapless dress. I was in heat. I walked past her. She seemed bold. I walked behind her and groped her back. She held my hand and kicked my knees. I fell down flat.

Ha, the power of anger. She exclaimed.

It is no rarity to be stared, touched, and groped. It takes pepper sprays, safety pins and lots of anger to hit back. It takes boldness to talk about it and scream. It takes conditioning to know it is not okay and it not acceptable to be touched by someone.I strongly believe anger and boldness is the strongest weapon a woman should possess.

27 comments:

  1. Absolutely. But anger too has a price :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly does. But I have never seen it enough in my peers in the right place.

      Delete
  2. I agree...I love the way you wrote it...*Salutes*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well written... there is no other way but to hit back. Love the way you've shown the three different cases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. True that. It surely needs a lot of courage to fight back.

    Very well written!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) and a shift from social conditioning.

      Delete
  5. As always - Right on the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well said..I couldnt agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nailed the point! Couldn't have put it in a better way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Long time, hows youu??

      Delete
    2. Fine Arch, yeah it's been a long time :) Anyway back now and btw I have tagged you in my recent post. Do take it up if interested :)

      http://www.keirthana.in/blog/2012/07/25/clearing-up-the-dues/

      Delete
  8. power of anger, well-preparedness and courage to act in tough situations..these are important life-skills that need to be taught to women today.
    Nicely put!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - checking back on you after a while - that's some good post you have! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its time that women give it back - men should realise that women who smoke and drink can also kick their ass hard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! That is my point too. Someone needs to show cigar butts will burn, whoever holds them!

      Delete
  11. Extremely well written! One could give a million speeches and not achieve what you have achieved with the imagery of your words in the three three instances. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could feel the anger and power of that girl, in me while reading this post.. very well written Arch.. I could relate myself to the incidents you have mentioned.. nothing can help except for strength and anger! Sometimes.. I feel the anger raging in me, what I lack is the strength to fight back.. for these animals (in the form of perverts) are too many.

    ReplyDelete
  13. could actually visualize the story.. a very good narrative and yes I do agree that in such a case anger is the weapon..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't agree more ! Those are the best weapons a woman can be armed with. Pepper sprays and safety pins don't quite as much do justice.
    Kicking in the groin does.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't agree more ! Those are the best weapons a woman can be armed with. Pepper sprays and safety pins don't quite as much do justice.
    Kicking in the groin does.

    ReplyDelete
  16. good post...

    saadepunjab.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Say it out, don't be shy!